German and/or English Speaking Sales & Business Developer
Transurb Simulation is looking for a Sales and Business Developer for its offices located in Namur, Belgium. If you are looking for a dynamic working environment and want to be part of a young and ambitious team that markets advanced simulation training solutions worldwide, you are the one we are looking for!
The Sales Engineer is responsible for supervising and maintaining the technical edge within the sales department. He or she makes sure that the new and continuously improved products developed by the product team are well-known, well-described, well-priced, and technically sound for the sales department to present to the clients. Through the clients’ feedback, the Sales Engineer also makes sure that the products answer their needs and makes proposals together with the other members of the Sales Team for product improvements or new product ranges.
This also includes communication with stakeholders at all levels, both internal and external to improve Transurb’s business-to-business sales experience to develop a deep understanding of user requirements and competitor products as well as Transurb’s solutions.
A core function of this role is to pursue new business opportunities for the world market, construct complex technical tender submissions and proposals, and manage the requirement definitions, tenders’ responses, product demonstrations and business cases.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Identify, generate, qualify, and convert new leads/clients to exceed sales targets.
- Manage relationships with existing and potential customers worldwide to build brand loyalty and increase solid opportunities.
- Nurture relationships, including the resolution of issues, retrieval of customer feedback, and integration of the Transurb business to develop true client partnerships.
- Attend business fairs, conferences, events, client presentations, and demonstrations worldwide.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Strong interest in business-to-business sales and account management of large corporate customers within a technical industry
- Excellent written English skills with the ability to produce attractive, well-scripted, well-designed commercial and technical demonstrations, proposals, and presentations.
- French and German knowledge is desirable
- Ability to explain, translate and showcase complex industrial procedures into clear and pedagogical exercises.
- Ability to grasp technology/technical concepts and articulate technical information in the appropriate form.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the integrity, confidence, and presence to build strong relationships and negotiate win-win solutions.
- Commercial strengths and sound commercial judgment
- Good grasp of standard IT tools such as the Office Suite, CRM, social media, etc.
- Ideally, you obtained your degree from a pedagogy, communication, language, business or engineering school
- Gaining your business prospects and serving your team objectives is what inspires you
- You are, resourceful and a go-getter who is thriving in a start-up-like environment
- You do not mind going the extra mile to close a deal and are flexible to meet deadlines
- You can imagine working from the office, but you are regularly on visits worldwide (approximately 50 days/year).
- Interests in software development and technology would be considered an added advantage
- Sales experience is a plus
What you can expect from Transurb
This challenging opening offers many opportunities for self-development and is rewarded with a competitive salary package and function-related advantages (phone, computer, and more).
From a human perspective, our offices are filled with team spirit, we love to inspire each other, to grow and learn in a distinctly innovative environment. Constantly adapting to our company’s reality and the needs of our market, we are entrepreneurial and aware of the needs of our time.
Every step of our journey is filled with a deep passion for our work and a daily dose of laughter! A friendly atmosphere, fresh coffee, fruits, and regular after-work events are also on the menu!
How to apply
To apply for the job, please send your CV to Pauline Namurois, Human Resources Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will come back to you ASAP! Pauline will also answer any questions that you might have regarding the job.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!